I’m not lying… I wish I had filmed myself making this one because everyone knows- if you didn’t document it with photos on the internet, then did it really happen? No! But it did.
No! But it did.
But it did! 3 minutes from start to finish (ok, after taking out the ingredients from the fridge).
This is one of my “Chop and Chuck-in” Bowls. Yes I have my own names because “Buddha Bowl” doesn’t sit right with me.
I have been doing a bunch of research on ‘Wellbeing’, travel destinations, and narrowing down my purpose with TILCo (not to mention trying to decipher building this site – thanks WP) and knew I would need max nutrition in minimal time (so I could sit in the Qld winter sun and write this of course!)
I made a lovely “Mashup Mound” last night and made enough to keep for today. The best thing about living alone is making enough for two. Which, apart from being the most common serving size, offers a myriad of possibilities for the next day. I’m talking brekky, snacks, smoothies, lunches, you name it – leftovers are DA BOMB! if you know what to do with them.
Warm /Cold Salads (or as some are known now – “Buddha Bowls” – *rolls eyes*) are the easiest way to go about this. Even in the cooler months.
So, I chopped some stuff up, and chucked some other stuff in, drizzled it with flaxseed oil and lemon juice (you can substitute the lemon juice if you can’t be fucked squeezing it) and TADAAAHHH! Makeshift, photo-worthy Buddha bowl, with Minimal Effort …
- Leftovers from last night – roast pumpkin, broccoli, chickpea, pesto ‘Mashup’ stuff (this can be anything from veggies, roast leftovers, a meat of choice if you are #flexi, tofu even gnocchi or soba noodles – experiment and make those leftovers work for you!).
- Organic Grown Rocket, baby spinach or other salad greens you have – the farmer’s market stuff shits all over the store-bought stuff, or opt for home-grown greens.
- Baby Roma tomatoes – but, any tomatoes will do
- Cucumber – yeah any size or style
- Radishes (loving these at the moment)
- Flaxseed oil, or coconut, or olive – you get the point, whatever works.
- Lemon juice, ACV [Apple Cider Vinegar, duh!) or any sugar-free dressing I guess. I haven’t bought a single packaged dressing in about 3 years and I’m doing fine with the flavour – too much sugar and preservatives in the store-bought crap.
- Sauerkraut – Ohh how I love this stuff. I eat it by the forkful straight out of the jar – gross huh? But I have a jar for myself and usually, fork it into a little bowl. Suck on that germophobes!
Also may include: A tiny bit of effort to toss this stuff into a bowl and drizzle with chosen ‘dressing’.
Sunshine courtesy of QLD weather, and is not included in effort
“I Can’t Cook” Metre:
2: Piss-easy with minimal effort required.